Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shaving cream masculine card

What do you think of my new designer paper?
This is a technique that I will be using with the children at my craft day tomorrow. I know its a wee while until Fathers Day but I thought the children could get in early and be ready with a card.
The background is made with shaving cream and several colours using the reinkers.Then with the use of a fork I have swirled the colours around, lay the paper on top of the cream and the colours are picked up by the paper. I managed to get two pieces of white card coloured , the third piece the colours are more smudged together.
Here is the second card I made but have only used half of the paper that I coloured. Its a very effective technique. Anyone could try this.
Stamps:Need for Speed,Create a cupcake,Loving thoughts
Paper:Soft suede,white,marina mist
Ink:Black,Early expresso,soft suede,marina mist,river rock
Accessories: Ribbon,scallop edge punch,reinkers, watercolour pencils

2 comments:

  1. was just thinking of re-visiting this technique again but love the masculine colours - always done subtles before

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Alison - this is really effective. Love the manly colours you chose to use. They work beautifully with your project. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete