Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rosette

I made this card last week and then in the weekend I received SU latest Impressions newsletter.
In their was a section on what to use your Crimper for. These include just making your paper crimped or making chipboard crimped. You can make Herringbone patterns, making soft waffle patterns or you can use it on top of a gift sack for a finishing touch.
In my card I have made a Rosette using the Eyelet border punch. To make it able to be rounded to make the rosette the strip of dsp was put through the crimper about four times.
I used a strip of dsp 1 1/2" x 12".Then used that one piece and wrapped it round a 1 1/4" circle and the same piece of dsp went into the second row. Finished it off in the centre with a itty bitty button.
I have used Pumpkin Pie and Real red colour combo. Not two colours that I would normally put together but the colour coach said they went together and it the colours went ok with the dsp which is from the latest mini catalogue.
You can view a video on how to make this on Dawn Olchefske blog site ( Sorry no link).

Thought and prayers are with those in Christchurch. Been awlful watching the devastion of the city that I grew up in and which is only an hour away. My family are fine but some of my friends have houses that are badly damaged.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Card Alison.
    Glad to hear that your family and friends are all ok.
    Mine are ok as well.

    ReplyDelete