Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gate fold card

I have seen a few of these Gate Fold cards recently so thought I'd make and teach this card for my last class. Well..... it was quite a bit of work but I think the result looked good. The panels have been embossed on white with the Vintage wallpaper folder. Then I have brayered one side with Cherry Cobbler and then cut out.
I have made a perfect scalloped edge square here for the front.
Do you have times when you are teaching a class when things don't work out. Well this is one thing that did not work. I had cut everyones square to 2 3/8" like mine( for the scalloped edge diamond in the front), and yet none of the squares ended up like mine. I had one lady try and then I thought perhaps I had better do the rest. Even I couldn't get them looking like my sample. One lady kindly said that because I was in a class situation and not sitting down in my craft room that is why it wasn't working. Well I think she must have been right because the next day when I was doing up some kits it worked perfectly in my craft room.
Here is the inside of the of the card.
Colours I have used are Early expresso, Crumb cake, and white card stock.
The bauble on the front has been embossed with the new embossing powder Wild Wasabi. Looks really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment